Continental fuel pressure

Discussion of engine and propeller choices
Djcoul

Continental fuel pressure

Post by Djcoul »

New express owner. Has a Continental 550 on it. Anyone know what my fuel pressure should be?
kevin
Site Admin

Re: Continental fuel pressure

Post by kevin »

depends on the model. Look at the data plate and see what version it is- 550 B, N, or what. Search for SID97G, its a Continental service bulletin that gives the fuel pressure settings for most of their engines, if you can't find it there email me and I can pull it from the manual.
dondday

Post by dondday »

Who want to take a stab at it?

I too have issues with oil, fuel pressures and oil temp indication for the IO-550 N1.

Airplane is one built in 2004 as a factory builder assist system. Panel equipped with Slimline JPI instrument and seems to be having bad signals from engine to panel gauges.

Engine was started and pressures for fuel and oil seem somewhat normal.
Fuel pressure 12psi
Oil pressure 30 psi
Oil temp 130

After 15 minutes run, fuel dropped to 2 psi, oil still at 30 psi, temp up to 130 degree. Flight aborted

After work on fuel inject system, again engine started with oil pressure and fuel as before. Oil temp up to 130 degree. All seem somewhat normal. Five minutes in flight, fuel pressure began to descend ultimately to zero, but continued to respond to throttle input. Oil pressure began a gradual drop from 30 psi, oil temperature still 130 degree on a 105 degree day.

At landing, fuel pressure - zero, Oil pressure - zero, Oil temp still 130.

Fuel pressure sensor was isolated, air pressure applied, with stem gage showing 14 psi, while JPI displayed 2 psi.

Can anyone offer ideas?

Don D-Day
LouisCarre

Post by LouisCarre »

Same ground on engine and jpi?
Express 2000RG
C-GGVX
Rimouski, Quebec, Canada