Just bought an express 260 CT.... advice wanted

Description of your first forum.
Kentkgb

Just bought an express 260 CT.... advice wanted

Post by Kentkgb »

Hi folks,

I’ve just bought an express 260 in Australia with the cruciform tail. Do I need to think about converting it to the low tail? Who is good to speak to about the do’s and don’ts of flying them? Any advice appreciated. Rego is VH-PNK in Australia.

I’ve currently got a build going of another aircraft type, so I’m not shy to do some work on the plane.
xprsav8r

Re: Just bought an express 260 CT.... advice wanted

Post by xprsav8r »

Hello Mate,

I don't have a CT, but did fly one while shopping for an Express (I ended up buying an Express with a traditional tail). I would recommend that you read the Cafe Foundation report as it eludes to some characteristics of the CT.

http://www.express-builder.com/document ... rticle.pdf

During my test fight of the CT though, the owner/CFI would not stop stressing maintaining coordination due to the cruciform tail possibly blanketing the rudder at extremities. However, keeping any Express or similar designs is critical (see all of the Cirrus accidents regarding slow and BTF accidents).

All the best.
jchisolm

Re: Just bought an express 260 CT.... advice wanted

Post by jchisolm »

I think you will have a problem finding the tail parts. The old Composite Air was sold. I dont know what the part status would be.
Joe Chisolm
Express CT builder
Marble Falls, Texas