Post by 282ex »

Erik Petersen
Wheeler Express Series 90 Auriga
Sequim, Wa
Jcrey2255

Re: Found this Auriga Express for sale

Post by Jcrey2255 »

Eric, I am looking to start a kit...

What are some of the things I should be concerned with when considering this model as opposed to the 2000 series?

Obviously I will need to verify what all is included with this used kit. But the price is so much less than a new kit.
282ex

Post by 282ex »

@kevin (not sure how to tag someone) would probably be the best to answer but I'll start with what I *know (*what I was told by Darrell)
The Auriga updates were mostly taken into the 2000. I only have this via word of mouth as I have not seen or located any official "Auriga" documentation or writeups.

You will want to locate updated landing gear and mounts (Grove) and the new strengthened nose strut.
Erik Petersen
Sequim, Wa
bmckinney

Post by bmckinney »

I believe the seller, Dana, was an engineer in the Auriga group who helped design the new upper fuselage, low tail, & double door and performed all the engineering analysis (flutter, FEA, etc.). I have several documents from him with my kit (I have the Auriga upper as well). EDI ended up buying the molds and started the Series 90, then Larry created the 2000 (briefly the Millenium).
282ex

Post by 282ex »

any chance of getting a look at/scan of those docs?
Erik Petersen
Sequim, Wa