Build manuals 1&2?

skypuppy

Build manuals 1&2?

Post by skypuppy »

A guy has some Express CT kit parts for sale but says he has build manuals for the early (CT?) model AND the manual(s) for the later model. Is this real? How much of a difference is there?
Thanks.
kevin
Site Admin

Re: Build manuals 1&2?

Post by kevin »

There are some differences between the early CT and the later i.e. late 90s models. I have an early aircraft SN 16, and a 99 kit with manuals for each. There are mostly minor differences in the airplanes. My 99 manual has an additional bulkhead in the aft fuse section, the flaps have 3 hinges instead of 2, etc.

If you get to needing info, just let me know. I am gone a lot, so if you post here also send me an email to let me know you need something.

KA
xprsav8r

Post by xprsav8r »

I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm hoping Kevin or someone still monitors it. My 90's model recently suffered a nose gear failure and prop strike. I'm looking for the build manual to assess damage and for the mechanic to repair what's necessary. I found the Series 2000 builder's guide, but not the predecessor. Any assistance offered is greatly appreciated.
xprsav8r

Post by xprsav8r »

Good morning. I acquired SN 18 a few months back. My mechanic and I would like to perform some updates to the plane but we're looking for the early manuals. Could you please share your SN 16 docs?