Express Kit For Sale

Description of your first forum.
bmckinney

Express Kit For Sale

Post by bmckinney »

All components necessary to build a low-tail Express. Lower fuselage & wings from Wheeler, upper fuselage and tail from Auriga group, control hardware from EAC (Larry Olsen), windows from LP Aero, many more items. Parts are in great condition and have always been stored indoors. Right wing near completion, left wing has all but 3 ribs installed. Send any questions. Located in Lakeville, MN.
Express_1.jpg
EXPRESS KIT.pdf
(339.54 KiB) Downloaded 1271 times
Last edited by bmckinney on Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finley

Re: Express Kit For Sale

Post by Finley »

What main gear do you have?
bmckinney

Post by bmckinney »

I have the Auriga fiberglass gear with the steel plates at the upper bend. Grove Aircraft started making aluminum Express main gear in the mid-2000's. I was planning to get a set of those as they are ready to go with a drilled brake line. EAC and CAT supplied these as part of the kit in the later years.
Finley

Post by Finley »

Yea I talked to Grove, they said I had to go through the express guy. Talked to him before he sold out. I think he had one, maybe two sets of Aluminum
gear for my CT. 3400 plus shipping from the west coast. Ouch.....

I wonder where those gear sets are now.

Good luck on the sale of your plane.
bmckinney

Post by bmckinney »

Grove made the original set for Wayne Norris when he built his Express in 2002. This was when the Express company was still doing fiberglass legs. I don't think there is an "Express guy" any longer since CAT supposedly sold off the molds overseas according to posts on this forum.
282ex

Post by 282ex »

I was lucky to get a Grove set before CAT folded. Last I was down at CAT, there was work being done to a CT with wing rib and gear plate replacement. Darrell showed me a change in the gear mount plates. If the cutout are right angle and not rounded, may want to consider having new plates made up with rounded cutout as the plate can fracture at the sharp corners.
Erik Petersen
Wheeler Express Series 90 Auriga
Sequim, Wa
Finley

Post by Finley »

Thanks for the comments guys! Mine is on the FG gear and ready to fly. I'm just struggling with the CG. One place I found says there's 11" of range, another says 9". Then I see the CAFE report on N360EZ from Feb 1998, it displayed a very short 5-3/4" CG range of 76.25-82". It' empty CG was 76.07
and the CG as test flown was 80.7.

I think they were using the Firewall as a datum of 34FS, witch confuses me. Why not use the spinner or at least somewhere that gives you all positive
Arms to compute with....
282ex

Post by 282ex »

bmckinney wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:59 pm All components necessary to build a low-tail Express. Lower fuselage & wings from Wheeler, upper fuselage and tail from Auriga group, control hardware from EAC (Larry Olsen), windows from LP Aero, many more items. Parts are in great condition and have always been stored indoors. Right wing near completion, left wing has all but 3 ribs installed. Send any questions. Located in Lakeville, MN.

$5,000.

Express_1.jpg

EXPRESS KIT.pdf
bmckinney, have you reached out to local EAA chapter membership, Contact!, Controller and Trade-a_plane? there are also a number of homebuilt and aircraft for sale groups on Facebook. I'm so tempted just to have the spare parts....
Erik Petersen
Sequim, Wa
282ex

Post by 282ex »

Finley wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:48 pm Thanks for the comments guys! Mine is on the FG gear and ready to fly. I'm just struggling with the CG. One place I found says there's 11" of range, another says 9". Then I see the CAFE report on N360EZ from Feb 1998, it displayed a very short 5-3/4" CG range of 76.25-82". It' empty CG was 76.07
and the CG as test flown was 80.7.

I think they were using the Firewall as a datum of 34FS, witch confuses me. Why not use the spinner or at least somewhere that gives you all positive
Arms to compute with....
Hey finley, we should probably move this discussion to your w&b post so we're not hijacking bmckinney's attempt to sell his project. I will also reach out to my Express builder/adviser to see what he has to say.
Erik Petersen
Sequim, Wa
Upsideup

Post by Upsideup »

PM me about the Kit if you still have it.