New builder Express CT

Description of your first forum.
Johnwell

New builder Express CT

Post by Johnwell »

Hello all !
I'd like to introduce myself (and Tammy, the wife) as new owners of a CT kit/project we bought from another builder. Lotsa good work done on it already and, if I may add, by a very meticulous, super nice guy named Jeff. Unfortunately, I have only seen pictures, cuz my wife had to go back to Illinois to pick it up and bring home to Danville,IL, due to my work which has me placed in TX at the moment... :(
She did attest that as far as she could tell (together with her brother) that the work done so far was high quality! I feel very fortunate to obtain the kit from Jeff and can't wait to meet him in person, which I hope will be in the not so distant future. :D
Don't you hate when work gets in the way of......well,.. anything?
It'll be, probably, not before december when I get to see the kit in person...sob, sob.
Anywho...Tammy nor me has a pilot's licence at this point, but hopefully that'll change not too long from now.
Damn,...there are a lot of 'hopes' in my future!
Tammy is a genuine American girl and I am a genuine Dutch import, both living in a camper for work with 3 ! Great Pyrenees boys, so lots of hair everywhere except on my head. :D
Having owned a Hiller 12D heli and learned how to hover that uncooperative puppy through a horrible cfi who sold me the heli, but that's another story, I am not entirely unfamiliar with being a bit of the ground in a machine that doesn't touch the ground. Plus through my work as a crane operator I know how to pull handles too! ;)
At first Tammy wasn't all that thrilled about a plane, but when she found out that a trip to the Bahamas was very much a possibility that mood changed instantly!!! (tip, maybe, for other builders?) Hehheh
Long story short...I can't wait to resume building the CT and I'm sure I'll run into lots of problems, for which I hope, I can possibly make it your problem too!!! :mrgreen:
No doubt a lot of questions have already been answered on this and the 'old' forum, but please be a bit patient with me if I ask that proverbial stupid question that has been addressed elsewhere....pweeeeze?
Sooo, my first question...
Would anybody happen to have a pair of wingtips laying around they forgot to mount or so?
I'm in the market.. :)

For now, friendly Dutch greetings,
John and Tammy
kevin
Site Admin

Re: New builder Express CT

Post by kevin »

In don't have a spare set of tips, but I do have a set not yet mounted that could be copied. If you are patient, I could make a mold from mine and make a set.
They come in 2 pieces, not to difficult to make or copy.

Kevin Alderman
Jim

Post by Jim »

John and Tammy,

Welcome to the Express community.

My name is Jim Butler and I have an Express, N174JK. I am about an hour's drive from Danville, IL. (11 minute flight). I am based at the Kentland, IN airport, (50i). I would love to try to answer any questions you may have, and you can view my airplane to see how the finished product comes out. I have the standard tail.

Jim
Johnwell

Post by Johnwell »

Hi Kevin,
as for patient...I'm in nooooo hurry whatsoever and I would appreciate a set very much!

Thanks upfront,
John
Johnwell

Post by Johnwell »

Jim,
I thank you for your kind offer and really can't wait to take you up on it! That would be awesome for us. :D
At the moment though, I'm working in TX, but I hope even this year to be home for a while and I most certainly would appreciate it.
Been digging through 3 binders of building manual so far and am very anxious to proceed with the project myself.
You can be sure I will contact you as soon as I can to visit and see your Express! :D

John
Jim

Post by Jim »

John,

Sounds good. My email is jim@butlertoolanddesign.com

Jim