Wing tip lights

Description of your first forum.
kevin
Site Admin

Wing tip lights

Post by kevin »

Standard Mazda headlight. HID, less than 3 amp total. The halo ring comes on with the nav lights. 20000+ hour life expecancy, around $100 for the kit.
Attachments
Regular Mazda headlights.
Regular Mazda headlights.
halo-light.JPG (255.52 KiB) Viewed 25091 times
LarryK

Re: Wing tip lights

Post by LarryK »

What year/model would these lights be out of?
kevin
Site Admin

Post by kevin »

3" Car BI-Xenon Universal HID Projector Lens Kit ANGEL DEVIL EYE H1 H4 H7 35W AC

Search ebay for this- make sure you get the AC version of the inverter. The inverter converts the 12v aircraft power to AC and not cycled DC. Runs cooler and lasts longer. Around $100 or so.
wbwoodward

Post by wbwoodward »

Any chance of reposting the image of these lights and the nav/strobes? The links seem to be broken or the images are corrupted.
Johnwell

Post by Johnwell »

Thank you!

John
jchisolm

Post by jchisolm »

Kevin,
How did you make those wing tip lights? Looks like they are made with clear casting resin.
Joe Chisolm
Express CT builder
Marble Falls, Texas
kevin
Site Admin

Post by kevin »

Its 2 pieces inner and clear outer. I made a wood mockup for the outer shape, and a wood inner core to make sure it would fit like I wanted it. I used these to make silicone molds. I poured the inner out of a 2 part plastic and trimmed it to fit what I wanted. All of the LEDs are 1 watt red, white or green. I used a small programmable chip to control the strobe part and the others are fed from a 5 volt regulated source with 10ohm resistors in line.

All in all I have about 2 hours in each one and about $6 in each. I painted the inner part the same red I painted the tips with before I coated them in the clear epoxy resin.

Easy.

KA