Express-builder forum

Description of your first forum.
gregman

Re: Express-builder forum

Post by gregman »

Kevin A & Kevin F
I will be arriving in Oshkosh on the Sunday night July 27th & there for the full week.

I now have a US sim for my mobile. The number is 417-343-6599.

Will hopefully catch up with Kevin F in 40 North for a beer....... And any other Express builders/pilots attending!

Cheers
Greg Manzie
jkturner

Post by jkturner »

Is anyone going to Oshkosh this year and are there any Express events planned?
jabaccaro

Post by jabaccaro »

Hello everybody
I'm writing from Argentina. I boutgh in 2010 NC119 from J. Warner, it won first place in Oskosh in 1992. She has a Lycoming IO 360 and tail and landing gear were change. I had an accident because someone took out fuel, and I rebuilt the plane and I'm flying again. I'll poste some pictures.
For me was extremelly useful all advices and notes that were in previus forum, so I like to ask if there is any posibility for insert all this information in this new one.
Also I got a kit and a friend is building in my hangar, he is maching the motor an pannel. He chossed a IO 540, and is a cruciform tail model.
Cheers
jkturner

Post by jkturner »

Hi Jorge,
I hope all is well, it's great to hear that you're back flying again! Congratulations on that! Let me know if you are ever back in the states again soon.
Thanks!
Jeff
kevin
Site Admin

Post by kevin »

Hi Jabaccaro,

I have the old forum on my computer, including all of the data. The previous admin couldn't run it anymore. It is an old Discus forum, which means it operates differently and is not compatible with the new php based system. I am trying to get the old info converted to the new php system but havent found a 100% compatible way yet. All of the old info is on the server and if you do a google search for stuff like the CAFE article google will find it and send it back. I am hoping to get it converted and merged but it is more difficult than originally thought. It is looking like I may have to write a conversion program. I am building 2 CTs, and I am an A&P/GROL as well. If you have any questions feel free to post them and I can try to help you figure it out. N45WE pics are posted on this site, and she has her AW certificate. I flew her last week and am working on working out the bugs.

For details about the flight, just ask.

Kevin Alderman
jabaccaro

Post by jabaccaro »

Hello everybody
Thanks Kevin for doing so hard work! is a lot of time that you are giving to us, but this forum is so necesary. The older one was very usseful for me in the process of rebuilt my plane, specially I'm so far away.
Jeff: your kit is ready! my friend is fitting motor and pannel. I used some parts in my plane and also I bought otyher partial kit, so was possible to use for other one. I'll send picture.
kevin
Site Admin

Post by kevin »

Thanks for the compliment. I like to build computer systems, write programs, and build microcontrollers as a hobby, so it is kind of fun. I also have a webserver with 7 sites on it now, so the additional cost to host this board isn't all that much. The time thing, it takes a bit. Mostly due to spam bots. The site gets literally hundreds of automated spam hits a day that have to be filtered out of the real postings. It takes a lot of time to keep the spam definitions updated to keep them out.

I have been working on the IO 360 in 45WE for the last week, so it takes me a bit to get back to the board. It seems that my 70 hour SMOH engine has morning sickness- meaning it has a sticky exhaust valve. Common in the Lycoming engines. Symptoms are a skip and backfiring when you first start it up, and sometimes at idle after it gets warm.

The cure is to remove the valve and ream the guide to .010 larger than the valve stem. Can be done with the cylinder still on the engine, just a little trickier. The valve spring compression/ removal tool is different for the IOs than the Os, so I had to order the part so I can finish the job. Hopefully I will be back in the air early next week.

KA